Monday, August 9, 2010

Who Needs a Toenail?

Kathy came to town this past Saturday and I went with some gals to see if she was really as funny in person as her show is. It absolutely exceeded all my expectations.

I experienced a few bumps while getting there: After standing in a ridiculously long line to even get in the theater, they told me at the door that I wasn't allowed to bring my camera in. RUDE! Where are the signs? Luckily a friend with huge tits was able to sneak it in her cleavage when the lady wasn't looking, then we went into a different door. The bartender inside was moving at the speed of a special olympic hurdler while pouring drinks. Even though we could hear Kathy coming out on stage, it didn't seem to phase her. I can't stand people that don't have a sense of urgency, but then again maybe my extreme sense of urgency has a lot to do with why I'm so stressed all the time.

Kathy talked about shows from the Real Housewives and Toddlers and Tiaras to Obsessed and of course, Oprah. Loved it. So inappropriate.

The night progressed with a bar visit among other shenanigans, and unfortunately ended on a bit of a sour note when I dropped my air mattress pump on my big toe.

It hurt so badly I thought I was going to throw up. And just for you gals that are dying to see the picture again:
(Disclaimer: my feet aren't that freakish- those are my fingers next to my big toe)

Ouch! It's even more black and blue now, and I was told by several people at work today that it will fall off. GREAT. GROSS.

On Sunday I went to the movies and saw The Kids Are All Right, which was excellent. I haven't caught up on my movies in so long that it was refreshing to see an unexpectedly good flick. Other weekend activities consisted of running in the rain while my pants were falling down, painting 2 new dressers that are awesome, and spending 2 hours using a wire hanger to unclog 2 paper-towels, a spoon handle, and 4 pencils from a hookah. Yes, believe it. 

All in all, a good weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment