Friday, July 30, 2010

Battle of the Bands

The only thing more awkward than working with fellow consultants is partying with them. This past Wednesday I planned a Battle of the Bands party for my project. Nervous that the committee wouldn't pull it off... it actually ended up being simply EPIC.


We rented a private suite at St. Arnold's brewery downtown and had a Rock Band tournament (yes, as in the video game). The free beer got the best of everyone, and all of the costumes were a riot. 


CON: The team I was on didn't win the tournament.
PRO: I won best performance for my rendition of an Alanis Morrisette song (awesome), so I got to keep the digital picture frame I bought for the winner!
CON: The brewery eventually had to kick us out because they were closing
PRO: Everyone migrated to a really creepy bar (still in costume) afterwards.
CON: I lost my wallet in the back of Ashley's car when I was being driven home...
PRO: I didn't even know that I lost my wallet until Ashley brought it to work the next day.
CON: Everyone was insanely hung over at work the next day and reeked of alcohol.
PRO: Magically the power went out in our building, so there was no A/C, and everyone got to leave a little early.
CON: Ashley was a little hazy in the morning and forgot to wear a bra to work
PRO: Fuck it- It was her last day on the project. 

One of the teams in action. 

Yep, this is my boss.

I purposely didn't post pictures of myself, but this one is the exception because it's so priceless. 
Where's Waldo?

The guy on the left is my little college intern, Asif. He's awesome. 

Success.

No comments:

Post a Comment