Thursday, September 23, 2010

Elephant LOVE

If you know me at all, you know that I'm obsessed with elephants. I really can't get over it. And at a level unlike any other animal (except maybe golden-doodles), the babies are so cute I can hardly stand it. They're like little cute, fuzzy, alien mutants that I want to squeeze uncontrollably. 
Newborn elephants already weigh more than most full-grown humans -- but the newest addition to Australia's Melbourne Zoo is a giant even by those standards.

A baby male calf was born this month at an already-robust 315 pounds. Compare that to the typical 200- to 250-pound baby elephant, and you can start to feel really bad for the mother that carried him around for 22 months. 

You bet your uterus -- elephant pregnancies last nearly two years. TWO YEARS.



"Little Man," as the zoo refers to the baby, has already been out and about. He joins six other elephants at the zoo, including his half sister Mali (which means one thing: mom is a total slut). 
Watch as he trots around and slaps some guy in the nuts several times with a trunk of his own.

UGH! I want one!



No comments:

Post a Comment