Monday, September 6, 2010

Fall Fashion

Summer is hot. It's sweaty. It causes my car to heat up and burn my ass when I get in it. I don't really like summer clothes, and I never have. If I see another hot pink blouse I'm going to vomit. Short jumpsuits with the cute florals always seem like a good idea until I try them on.

My strong weakness has always been for Fall and Winter clothes, and now they are steadily piling themselves in the stores. Cardigans, heavy sweaters, tall boots, scarves, skirts with black tights, dark leather bags, and peacoats are beginning to taunt me on the clothing racks. I bought the September issue of In Style magazine (I still need to get the Vogue issue) which caused me to immediately foam at the mouth. The only thing that would put that to a halt was to actually go shopping.

I started off small at Target, where I bought 2 cardigans, a sweater, a cute top that would look great under a jacket, and a thick brown belt. A nice, solid start. However, this morning I woke up and went to Dillards with my mom, which is my biggest weakness next to Target. I started to itch slightly at the sight of all the new collections, but knowing my strict budget and lack of additional closet space, I walked right past them and put more money in savings.


HA! I wish. I bought every fucking cute thing I saw. It's amazing how much you can spend and still feel like you didn't buy anything. 2 pairs of pants, a hat, 2 sweaters, and a blouse later, I think I'll need to pretty much move out of my apartment and claim the next available space under the bridge at I-10. I'll be the cutest homeless girl this city has ever seen.

The start of my new wardrobe for this season inspired me to come home and clean my closet out completely. I now have 3 full large trashbags of clothes, and 5 pairs of shoes that need to get out of my apartment immediately. Most people partake in spring cleaning for their summer clothing- I am quite the opposite. I feel really good about my clothes purging. Now all I need is the cold weather to blow in...

In the meantime, I'll look for part time jobs to support my habit, especially because now I am browsing:

http://www.bluefly.com

http://therow.com

http://www.chanel.com

1 comment: