Sunday, June 20, 2010

The Sounds of Seattle







The Sounds of Seattle is a multi-band (kinda) tribute to Pearl Jam, Soundgarden and Alice in Chains that came into town on Friday. I bought several tickets expecting it to just be a good time to hear some great throwback songs and have a few beers if nothing else. Little did I know that the show would exceed any and all expectations I had. 

Thinking that the show would consist of 3 different bands, there were actually only six members who morphed into three bands: Bleed the Freak (Alice in Chains), Badmotorfinger (Soundgarden), and Ten (Pearl Jam), who's lead singer channeled Eddie Vedder so well that a blind man would swear it was him.

(Howard (lead guitar), Mike (bassist), Nick (Pearl Jam lead singer)) 

(Shane- lead singer for Soundgarden)

One reason the show was even more enjoyable was because we managed to score front row center spots, and then stuck around and (ahem) met the band afterwards. Nice, hot, and smily guys. If these dudes are in town next year (which they will be, according to Howard), I'll definitely be first in line.

(Mike and Howard)

(Ray on drums)

(Howard (aka SMILES McGee) and Shane)

(Howard and Shane)

(Nick and Shane after the show)


(Mike and some groupie... oh wait, that's me)

I'll spare everyone the rest of the pictures of me with the band where I'm over-smiling and my eyes are practically closed. 
What an amazing night.


1 comment: